View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
xAH, I'm glad this stood for what I thought it stood for. Lol
I read the whole thing thinking, "if this doesn't stand for ex alcoholic husband then I will have sorely missed the point WTBH was making.."

Also, thank goodness your friend sent the police to your door. I know that sounds crazy but a report from the cops is a million times more likely to get CPS into that home.

Imagine the strength you have. You faced a fear, a trigger, that may save two kids, their mom, and a whole family. And you made it through.

Thank you for your strength. Those kids may not have to live like my little brother and I did. My mom died when I was 13 and then, finally, I knew freedom. It's a sad thing when a child loses their parent and it's a great day. I felt like a monster for a long time. Never told anyone I felt elated when she died until I was an adult.

For all those who will call CPS-- thank you!!
I remember wishing when I was a kid and got to be friends with a girl in foster care, that I wished I was her-- I thought she was so lucky that something bad enough had happened to get her out of her home... I don't think I have ever told anyone that actually... When my own mother learned that I was hanging out with this girl (and probably feared I might let slip to her foster mom what life was like for me at my own home), I was banned from spending time with her ever again...
Friendships were not allowed bc I might spill the family "secrets" so I guess it makes it an even bigger deal for me and more deeply rooted in trigger emotional stuff that my one time best friend has reacted as she has because of my spilling her secret... I guess no matter what my age, Im expected by those close to me to keep their secrets...

I share that tale about foster care and my mom to say that I totally relate to why you'd have felt relieved that your mom died... I do get it... I am so sorry no one ever stood up for you or called to help keep you safe...

As for being brave and helping the kids of my friend, Im not so sure I accomplished anything in the long run... I think that I did do what was right and what I felt I had to, but I am jumping at every sound I hear, convinced the police are back and I will be in trouble despite doing nothing wrong. My "friend" is a well respected professional and puts on a good mom act and I am sure nothing will come of the CPS call other than that my former friend will hide things a lot more...

But I will hope and cross my fingers that she makes better choices for her kids... Sadly, I think that her call the police to lie and hope to throw me under the bus, to protect her loser abuser boyfriend, sort of shows the way she will proceed...

All I can think is "what if I did not have all those texts saved?" .... It's scary to have someone I trusted try and get me into legal trouble to cover up her own poor choices.... I guess Im still in scared and panicky mode and I realize it is irrational, but it's what it is....