View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 552 (permalink)  
Kaneda8888

Its simply incredible to see the massive list of folks from all parts of the world (well, predominantly English speaking ) and all walks of life committing to this thread. To have the resolve to overcome this addiction is a rare commodity*. Hence, to see such strength committed here is very inspiring.

Many heartfelt thanks to those that keep this thread running well such as Strat and Venus; to those that show such loving kindness and support such as Leigh and Kris and as importantly to all that contribute to this thread by being here.

Congratulations to the delightful dozen that have milestones today ! Well done, keep the faith in yourself and remain resolved for another day !

I felt a little agitated yesterday morning when contemplating the fear of loneliness and unworthiness. Probably from reading about the article I posted a few days ago. It really resonated with me. So, I decided in the middle of the day to meditate on these fears. Instead of deflecting, I focused very hard on embracing and accepting the fears in my heart and determined where the fears existed in my body. Then tried to investigate further how they felt (mindfulness practice). Initially, it was very uncomfortable and I found it difficult. Afterwards, I kept reminding myself that the belief of being unworthy and lonely were just that, ie, they were only beliefs and not the truth. As well, to open my heart and be aware of all the suffering that existed in the world. The meditation took about 10-15 minutes. Amazingly, when I finished, all the fears had gone and it was replaced by a wonderful quiet and calm. I was quite astonished by that. And grateful. It actually works ! At least for yesterday

Another 24 hours of gratitude, loving kindness and sobriety pls ! Its 8:08am here !

(* in studies I've read, in the US and AU, it is shown that up to 80-85% of those folks who are problem drinkers or at risk do nothing to treat the problem)