Old 02-29-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Dandy - keep doing what you do - you've helped me and others a lot!

Last year dandy gave me some advice & resources that became an absolute game-changer in recovery for both myself and RAH. To say it has been invaluable sounds too small to express the deep gratitude I'll always have for her input; she's one of my Recovery Angels.

I can't even name ALL of the members that have helped me on my path here at SR - not only by reaching out in response on my posts, but letting me know when I've been able to help them as well. I've benefitted from both shoulders to cry on & tough love talk. It's a big circle of love, lol. But in all seriousness, I've made REAL friends here in the time I've been posting & that has been such a blessing.

I'm also at the point of knowing that my recovery is a forever-thing. I no longer think of it in terms of something with a beginning or an ending, but something that I simply live every day. I started referring to it in terms of my Whole Life Recovery & removed all of my qualifiers as my reasons for change. It will be a year in April since I made that label change & shifted the focus to be on Me. I've challenged myself to making sustainable, personal changes in all areas; mental, spiritual & physical & it's been nothing less than extraordinary.

I'm moving toward simply living life as my authentic self, by way of "unbecoming everything I was never meant to be in the first place".