Old 02-29-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
GardenGal
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by amyrose View Post
I fall into the same trap on occasion with my mother. I know not to do it, but sadly still keep hoping she will become human....like hitting my head against a wall. Just know you are not alone!
My mother is almost 80 years old. I've spent my lifetime hoping this [plus trying to knock some sense into her], but I've decided that part of my sobriety is to officially give up on her. It's sad, but then maybe I won't need to go to Al-Anon too.

I remember when she wanted to finally tell her own mother off for all of the abuse. Grandma was 96 and on her death bed. I said "is this really the way you want to goodbye? Let it go." I don't think she has.

btw I thought that my g-ma was super sweet! My dad's mother, on the other hand… *shiver*

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
GardenGal - We can keep each other in check. My daughter is 12 and can also be a be source of stress. I've written out a plan to go get a coffee, french fries or some other treat and go for a drive the next time she is driving me crazy.
That sounds like a great plan!! Let's do that. Ice cream may be my next thing -- and I've avoided sweets for years!