View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Hi Undies,

Thank you for the many kind words and congrats on the first 1000. However, I am in no hurry to reach 2000. Taking this recovery thing one day at a time and trying to live between the clap of my hands, (present tense), works just fine at slowing the process.

I remember being about 10 days into my start with AA on this recovery cycle and starting to understand the poster present in all the rooms, "Easy Does It". That was another aspect of practicing active addiction life that never seemed to be present. I was always busy trying to finish up whatever I was doing to get the next best thing going for some crazy reason...forgetting to stop and smell the basil (I prefer a fresh herb to flowers).

Today I can match my daily expectations with acceptance and practice an "Easy Does It" lifestyle. If I match that with a healthy dose of being grateful, I have a pretty good shot at a good day. Haha, and a middle of the road "good" day is just fine with me.

Toots, I feel honored to have celebrated my milestone on your day of birth. You are quite the special "lady" (said tongue in cheek) , and have offered amazing joy and hope to me and many.

LS, congrats on your one year of clean and sober. Kudos!

Let's keep rockin this sober thing...

Carlos