View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
And I so appreciate your take on my working on coping with triggers and the growth I need in this area-- you're SO spot on! Thank you!

I know that I can't spin in circles in my mind, thinking about the other person's anger/problems/POV/whatever. I can't control it & all that, you know the drill.

So I've learned to flip the script like this as a method of self-preservation. If I can't get anywhere focusing on them, where can I find room for growth on my side of this situation? How did I trigger? When did I feel myself getting emotionally carried away? What are my expectations - then & now? I always find something I could've done or said or timed differently, even just slightly. Even just internally.

It's also hard because the healthier I become, the easier it is to see the problems all around me differently.... and I wonder, was it always this easy for others to see? Were people as frustrated & furious at *my* denial of my situation? It's true when they say that "when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change".

I hope you are feeling better today!