View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Kris47

Originally Posted by JoshUrsan View Post
And another rough night...I put my dog of 14 years down tonight and was the hardest thing I've had to do in my life. I held her till she laid to rest. I'm doing ok she was having health issues and was deteriorating pretty fast so me and my wife thought this was best for everyone including her as she was suffering. It was hard to watch her not keep a good balance and could no longer hold her bladder. She was drinking an unusually large amount of water lately which makes me think she was developing diabetes as well. She is in a better place now. Sure was tough to let my pal go. Driving home from the vet I passed by my watering hole and thought i need a drink as I was balling my face off. Texted my wife that and she said no you don't come home and let's talk...and I'm here now writing this...sober. On that note in for another 24
Big Hug this morning. Our pups just don't live long enough. Oh, but the love they give. We learn something from them. You did good by your old girl. I put my yeller feller down at 15. It's so hard. Life can be tough but a drink makes it all the rougher. Glad you made it home without stopping.