View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
gleefan

Bandicoot - Sounds lime you're making the most of your sober days.

Babs - I'm glad you got through the bad morning. When my addiction was in full swing, anger, frustration, and disappointment were at the forefront. When the going got tough I wondered why me, and that negativity compounded what ever was already going wrong. When I practice acceptance and gratitude instead, I can focus on the solution and keep moving forward.

WWS - Sounds like you're feeling some real peace, serenity and acceptance surrounding your work.

KIR - I've found it incredibly eye opening in sobriety to see the effect that drinking has on people, kids, families, etc. - even the most innocuous suburban parties with hammered moms and dads don't seem so harmless to me through sober eyes. I hope you enjoy the training and feel prepared for your volunteer work.

Lonely shadow - Congrats on your year of sobriety! Great job!

Carlos - Great job on 1,000 days of sobriety and working a program of recovery. Your experience strength and hope is an inspiration to me. I agree that the recovery piece is the key.

My life was lived in highs and lows too. Changing lifelong patterns isn't easy but when I live consciously, and practice rigorous honesty, I can keep my problems right sized and find the middle.