Old 02-28-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
GardenGal
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I craved the buzz too knb...but somewhere along the way I rediscovered how good it is to live in reality.

A lot of my drinking was about escape...nothing to escape from if you love your life

D
I typed a long [for me] reply, and my laptop froze up on me at the last sentence, arg!!

Well, I wanted to say that I totally agree. I used to hoard wine more than actually drink it, saving it for dinner parties and such. I'd only buy the good stuff. Now I've only bought the ok stuff, because I haven't really be enjoying it any longer, especially not after the first few glasses. It has absolutely been an escape method from pain; a way to numb the brain. So I've decided on my first 'signature' quote just now, thanks Dee.

Today was a good day, nearly the end of day 4! Had a tasty Himalayan lunch, and a family hike around the lake. Amazingly, today my blood pressure has been nearing normal.

Weekdays are my downfall however, so my recovery plan is a meeting every day, a walk every day, and checking in here every day. Small steps!