Old 02-28-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
OldTomato

I did a bit of step 1 work earlier because I felt like I needed a bit of reflection on what my drinking life was like. It took me back to how truly hopeless I felt towards the end, something I had blocked out. I honestly felt like life wasn't worth living, I was making myself ill and I couldn't stop! It makes me realise that I need to stop worrying so much about all these life decisions and whether I'm capable of doing things. I've already achieved the impossible, I'm still here today, so now the world is my oyster!!

I also looked at the adverse effects of my drinking. I'd drink to stop the withdrawal symptoms... caused by my drinking. I'd drink to cope with problems... caused by my drinking and made worse by my drinking. I'd drink to become more confident at work or an event, etc. and then pass out and end up not turning up at all because of my drinking. As soon as we break the cycle life starts looking up. Just thought I'd share, I found it quite interesting.

CuteNGay - Congrats on Day 8, and well done for realising you're not ready for that and not doing it. Your sobriety comes first. Also, I love J-Law as well.

Auggie - Is that a result of your drinking? I was doing terrible work but I thought I was doing fine because alcohol made me over confident. Sober me cringes.