View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jukeboxjane

First mtg with ABF in rehab

Ahhhh.... do you hear that? it's the sound of QUIET and CALM, of a CHAOS FREE HOME. and i am freaking really loving it.

My ABF has been in rehab for a few weeks and this week we will be meeting for the first time with his counselor for a couples session. He and I talk every few day but its mostly about day to day stuff. We have yet to talk his recent down ward spiral, about us or next steps.

while hes been in ive been focusing on myself, working out, talking to friends, and going to meetings. I know it's one foot in front of the other (my recovery and his) and i know the counselor will lead the session, just not sure what to SAY or NOT SAY. One thing he has to know before he gets out is I don't want him coming back to live in the house (at least not right away, and who knows maybe forever). As far as I can tell he is doing well in rehab and don't want to stress out our first meeting with "find a new place to live." tho Im sure this happens all the time ! I still care about him and want to support him in his recovery but from a bit more distance. THEN down the road look at whether our relationship can be repaired.

I don't know what to expect in the group session. Has anyone else been through this? How did it go for you?

THANK YOU!