Old 02-28-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MikeM

(Since I'm getting some sort of server error when trying to post a new thread, I'll post my newest update here.)

Had a good Day 19

19 days... So much can change in under 3 weeks. Even for a very heavy alcoholic like I was.

My life has started to get better so quickly. Today I've been busy doing all sorts of stuff. I went for a couple of long walks, enjoying the sun. Made sure I ate and drank well. And now it's time for rest. The exhaustion is the most prominent thing I notice in this phase. It doesn't make it so I get inactive though.

Basically I'm making sure four pillars are in place as a basis every day:

- Activity
- Rest
- Nutrition
- My plan

Three weeks ago, I was an absolute mess. So was my place. My whole life actually. And I felt miserable. Just today I realized how I don't have heartburn anymore. Or any of the other physical discomforts that come with drinking.

There's still a long way to go. Recovering. Building a life. But that's exciting to me. Do a little bit every day and build an empire.

Even though I'm exhausted, also feel good. Relaxed. My social-anxiety is practically gone. Actually, I don't think I had any today. All this time the alcohol was the thing that prevented me from getting over it.

So right now, my place is clean. I am clean. I shave frequently now. I leave the house. Interact with people. And I make sure that I do a little bit every day.

So I'm going to relax a bit, unwind. Sleep. And tomorrow it's day 20 already. There was a time that I thought it wasn't possible for me. Now it's becoming natural.