Old 02-28-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Knb02 I've seen ppl just use group sessions as a social outlet because no one else will listen to them, people that don't really want to stop. They are seeking attention. I suppose it's a thin line though, where does the desire to stop start? If she's disruptive to the point that the meeting isn't working she shouldn't be there... otherwise try to think about how that's not you! YOU are doing what needs to be done and for that I commend you. You know the cycle and where it leads and you've found enough love for yourself to stop. Be proud of what you've accomplished, relish it! It will only get better.

Also the roast sounds amazing I bet you're a great cook.
Yes it is a thin line. But hey! She isn't my responsibility and I shouldn't feel guilty or bad for thinking this. It's down to her to stop. She is definitely seeking attention and I am tired of it.
I think she needs to speak to her counsellor privately and not make the group meeting all about her. It's not fair on the rest of us because no one wants to be mean to her but everyone is secretly annoyed. If we wanted to be around drunk people then we would have gone to the pub / bar .

Well done on a year of sobriety. I managed five months years ago. God knows how. I started drinking again because I felt I was cured. Ha. What a joke.

Anyway my roast is looking lovely and I haven't burnt anything..including my arms. Lol