Thread: I'm new :)
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
humbug68

I'm new :)

Hi all! I think where this all began was a long time ago. I never had a tough background or anything... if anything the opposite. Mum and dad were wonderful and provided the best in life. They used to have big parties with booze flowing. Both are social and total people people. However on hindsight, I suppose that made me glamourise alcohol.

My first hangover was at 14. I drank the champagne on nye that my parents and friends wouldn't drink. For some strange reason... i wasnt stopped by anyone despite me literally taking it from their hands.. Then i threw up on mums friend.

In my teens, my parents didnt prohibit alcohol... they always let me have some samples. So by the time my friends were going to parties, my alcohol tolerence was already well established and I didnt want to hang out with the girls that were throwing up everywhere.

Now i am 28... i havent learnt to moderate my intake. But now i know i must, as I have a little girl who is watching me. This all came to a terrible head when my husband came home at 2pm and I was drunk.

Anyway, its gotten to a point where it may affect my family and I have to change.

Thanks for listening