View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by seek View Post
What is actually being reported to CPS? That the mom lives with an alcoholic in rehab? If there is abuse you are aware of, you failed to mention it. I think that's an important piece. Lots of kids have to live in dysfunctional families. If they are not being abused, there is nothing to report. Am I missing something?
what's your story and what are your motives seek? you seem to be pretty defensive of the drunk in this situation....

i definitely mentioned the violent behavior--- read the posts-- and in my non alcoholic mindset world, i don't stand idly by while one parent hides criminal behavior from the other and subjects kids to living with drunken antics and turn a blind eye.

and if child protective services thinks it is totally fine that a parent hides her live in boyfriends DWI from the father of the kids and doesn't give him the chance to have a say as to whether he wants his own kids living with that kind of chaos, then that's fine...

but my moral compass says that turning a blind eye where helpless kids are involved and pretending this is ok when it's not, is NOT ok.