Old 02-27-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Paix Amour

I just heard from my NM (narcissist mother). I haven't heard from her for over 2 years. I should've hung the phone up when I heard her voice, but I stupidly didn't. I told her 2 years ago to never contact me again.

I ended up telling that Ive stopped drinking. I got zero support or "well done" or "you can do it" from her. But I wasn't expecting any because not once has she ever supported me during anything.

Before anybody suggests perhaps shes just wary this time because shes heard me say Im stopping many times before, no, Ive never told her I had a drinking problem, and I have never told her Im stopping.

She said to me "Arh I KNEW you were a a bad alkie, Ive always told everybody that".

So she WILL be very happy and pleased (because that's what a narcissist would feel) to get the info from me about my stopping drinking because now she will twist, turn and manipulate what I told her and ring everybody telling them "Coco told me shes stopped drinking because shes an alkie, I told you she was, I knew I was right etc etc etc"

Bearing in mind I never told her I was an alcoholic. I merely said Ive stopped drinking.

She lives on the other side of the world. I used to only see her once a year. So shes never seen me drunk as such. Shes seen me drink a bottle of wine, but I was miles away from drunk. Whenever she came over here I really reined in my drinking. If somebody drinks more than 2 glasses of wine, in her books they are an alcoholic. According to her!