Old 02-27-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Hi all, I'm at day 3. I slept better, and my blood pressure is going down, *****! My husband and son are back in town, which probably helps. My son was completely overwhelmed by 6th grade camp [never slept away from home], and doesn't really want to talk about it. This is giving me some [major] anxiety, but I'm not craving. Well, I never drink on weekends, because I'm not alone…

I can relate to so many of your posts; I'm really glad to have found SR. I think it will help me a lot to stay the course.

I have dealt with a LOT of pain in the last several years, which has taken me down this heavy drinking path. But I think I'm finally ready to let go of it and move on. I don't like the person I've turned into; I miss the old me! - positive and outgoing [well, and downright hyper, LOL].

My husband admitted to me just now that he drank on his business trip, but that he didn't get drunk. He says he will not drink around me, which is good. I guess I can live with that. He shouldn't have to give up some wine with dinner with colleagues when I can down 2-3 bottles, alone. Right?

It's a beautiful day in CA, so I'm going to do some gardening, which I very often do, but now no wine in hand. Have a good weekend!
Good for you garden gal