Old 02-27-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by njdellis View Post
I'm starting Day 23! Everyone have a safe sober weekend
Originally Posted by njdellis View Post
He has lived with me for 5 years until last June. He packed up & moved out because he caught me sneaking & drinking again. We've been on & off since. He's stayed here every night since the day I started getting sober. Last year I was sober for about a month & was trying to change my life for the better. Then he started being a total jerk all the time, constantly picking fights. I called him out on it and he said he's had built up anger because every time we start getting better I drink again. He said how he was treating me was nothing compared to how I've treated him when I've been drunk. That's why I feel like he's trying to do that again. I talked to him this morning & told him not to start being a jerk or moody again. He said he wasn't trying to. I told him that I want to stay sober more than anything and I need him to be there for me. So I hope we are on the same page. Its extremely hard because I have hurt him so many times.
Nj It must be hard balancing sobriety with a relationship. I read so many posts of people struggling with their partners. All my exes were definitely triggers for me to drink. I am not sure if I could give up if I was still dating someone. .. Must be very difficult

I normally feel down that I am single but this is the first time that I am actually glad I am single as it gives me the breathing space to really get my addiction under grips. Ofcourse I do want a relationship ultimately but certainly not at this moment.