Thread: Today is day 18
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ICanDoBetter

Today is day 18

Yesterday was pure chaos til all was done ... Left work late, picked up the kids then scrambled to make it to an assessment at the gym then scrambled to make it to the appointment to pick up my new car. It was almost 9 pm til I could sit down and take a breather and grab some semblance of dinner.

Slept in today. Just had a nice chat with the hubby as we sipped coffee. Now to head to the gym and then I have to tackle a mountain of laundry and housecleaning, and my six year old requested we have a date :-)

All in all in finding the urges to drink lessening. Yesterday my husband texted and I think jokingly asked me to stop at the beer distributor. I didn't even hesitate and said 'nope'. Then I explained hat while I don't mind him drinking in front of me, at least for now I cannot buy it because that's a slippery slope. I realized when he asked me to get it it was he first strong urge I've had to drink in the last 18 days and fortunately it quickly passed.

It did also occur to me that it was hypocritical of me to say no to him. In the past when he was trying to quit tobacco and and he wasn't I wouldn't hesitate to ask him to pick it up for me. I acknowledged to him that I realize I've done that to him and won't do it again.

So ... I'm launching into a sunshiny beautiful Saturday ... And today I will not drink :-)