Old 02-27-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Outonthetiles

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Morning all! Quickly checking in before I leave the house. I have breakfast with a friend this morning. Not sure if I'll make it to the lunchtime meeting, if I can I will but I'm not too bothered if I don't. I have a lot of things to do around the house today so that'll keep me sober.

Just found out that one of my regular customers was found dead. He had problems with alcohol and often came in drunk. Just goes to show that this addiction can really be deadly.

njdellis - Do you live with your boyfriend? Stay strong and don't drink over it. Like Coco said, he might be in a bad mood over something completely different.

Time2Rise - Congrats on making it through Day 19! We understand that you can't be here very often, you're busy maintaining your sobriety and that's all we want! Please update us whenever you feel like it and have time.

Sweaty - Hope you got to sleep, your sleeping will get better over time. Drunk sleep doesn't make you feel rested at all! I was just passing out each night and wondering why I still felt tired in the morning!

OOTT - I'm so relieved you made it back okay, I was worried! You were really strong, be proud!

jobei - Everything okay? We're here for you. I don't know what you're going through but drinking won't make your situation better. It doesn't make anything better. Keep focusing on those negatives of drinking.
Sorry, OT, about your customer. I didn't realize how devastating alcohol could be until it nearly did me in. It was so gradual I didn't recognize how deep I was in, until it was almost too late.

Thank you also for worrying about me. You can't know how much I appreciate this. I know I probably shouldn't have gone out so early in my recovery, and I can understand why.... it would have been really, really easy to say yes.