View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Aww, juno, that's so sweet!! That's wonderful to hear! It's great you're getting quality time with your daughter too. You're a great mom : )
When we were driving home from swim practice tonight, my son said he would like to go back to Tennessee. I said maybe you can visit again this summer like you did last summer. He said, no, I'd like to move back there. We moved out here so I could get sober. I was very close to losing custody of him, and I knew if I started to live a better life, I could give him a better life. We were here over a year before I got sober, but I'm doing it now. For that year I was always drunk then hungover , so we didn't do much outside of school and work. The last five months I have been very focused on taking care of business (him to school and swim practice, me to work, take care of pets, clean house, etc.), and by the time we're done with all that, we're tired. I think it's time to step up a notch. I asked him if we started doing more of the outdoor stuff like hiking in the mountains and if he started having friends over and we started trying new restaurants, would he like it here more. He said he thinks he would. I also said some of the stuff we want to do costs money so we have to decide if we want to live in a house we love but costs more or live in a house that's good enough but a fixer. He's like whoa, this is not simple, it's a lot to think about! I'm like I know!! So, I'm processing a lot right now. Thank you for letting me get all of that out of my head.
We are going to watch the Good Dinosaur tonight. Tomorrow we are going to go for a hike and look at houses in the afternoon. Stepping it up a notch effectively immediately!!