Old 02-26-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
OldTomato

Evening all, I'm feeling really good about myself today. I've heard a lot of nice comments from people and I'm starting my Friday night in high spirits. A new opportunity has arisen in my life that could be great but is also really scary. I'm pondering it for now.

So many new faces have popped up since I left the house this morning, welcome everyone!!!

Freedom - Congrats on making it through Day 11! Enjoy that BBQ!

Mia - Day 27 is great, keep fighting those cravings. Like the others said, for sure get rid of that bottle of wine! Looking back at your drinking days with rose tinted spectacles is common, but if they were that great you wouldn't be trying to quit! Reading through your old posts is a good idea - I have a few diary entries I glance over to remind myself how miserable I actually was.

Auggie - Winding down on a Friday night sounds like a much better plan than working your way through a 12 pack.

OOTT - You're right that I would advise against going, but unfortunately you can't press the pause button on life during recovery. As long as you're sure, stay strong and keep us updated. Well done on Day 24, don't throw that away!

Jeni - Congrats on Day 25! You're not stupid or weak, addiction can creep up on anyone. You're actually VERY strong for beating it, it's one of the hardest things to go through in my opinion.