View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Juno11

Just a quick hello before running into work.

It's Friday and I'm super excited about that. Got through another tough week and did it sober. No relapses - on Day 8 now and going strongly forward.

Winslow, I hope your cold is better. I woke up with a hint of a cold and I'm trying to think positive like it's not going to develop into something. Lots of fluids for me today, I guess!

Grizzly, good luck with the house hunt. Interesting that you like older houses. I have a friend like that who only likes beautiful older houses with history. I can understand and appreciate that - although I tend to gravitate towards news things and new construction. My house was built in 1982, so I guess it's neither old nor new! But I have done a lot of work on it and like what it has become - a reflection of me, my family and our style. Two more bathrooms need renovations and the downstairs floor needs to be replaced (carpet looks terrible after lots of spills and dog accidents ) - thinking a nice clean laminate. Maybe in April when my schedule calms down a bit.

There was a hint of spring in the air this morning and I'm feeling optimistic!

My daughter and I watched two episodes of Breaking Bad last night. She has seen the whole series and is watching it again for the second time. The episodes are really well done and high quality - acting, script writing, filming, everything. I can see why she wanted me to watch it. I'm hooked now.

Both my sons had a tough day at school yesterday. I gave them both lots of support yesterday and they said nice things to me. My younger son said, "I love you soooooo much." And my older son said, "Mom, I love you. You're the best Mom I ever had." Makes it all worth it.

Have a great Friday!