Old 02-25-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Delizadee

Ahh, happy place... So much goodness here! Good day all! Day 11 here, frickitty doo! I feel good! The anxiety has mostly worn off already, I feel like I can deal with things sanely and rationally again. (Was there ever a point where I could actually do this??) I hear you guys about becoming complacent. Some times, when I feel alright, or even good, it's like sobriety and alcoholism are just a non-issue. The recovery work kind of falls to the way-side. I fear that feeling too. It's like leaving the back door open to let that old intruder have its way back into your life without you realizing it. The thoughts are still there for me, but less obnoxious and intrusive... the old. "Ahhh, mmmm... a bevvie." Slips into my mind like a gentle whispering breeze. Bad things happen if I don't remember it's February. I don't like being cold. And if I don't put a jacket on against the breeze I might as well kiss all this hard work goodbye.

I know I need to get to a meeting. Next week, I meet with my new addictions counsellor.

Good job everyone on their sober days! Hope everyone is having a great day.