View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Five more minutes left to say good morning gang! Let's see if I finish before it is afternoon, lol.

Staying sober for me. Really, it is all I ever am trying to do. My daughter does wish we did not drink, but not because it is a big family problem here, but because she has learned how unhealthy it is, along with other vices, and addictive substances, like cigarettes, and illegal drugs. So, I wonder why it seems so hard for me? I need to do some thinking about that. I really am not trying to get and stay sober because anyone has asked me to, or threatened me, or because of any lost job or relationship. I know it is bad for my health, and makes me lazy and depressed. So, I am better off without it. I guess, the thing with depression is that it can be very hard to see the other side and how good it can be when you are stuck in it. I realize this whenever I get out of it and am on the other side of that wall of darkness and gloom. In the thick of it, however, motivation is so hard to find.

All that said, I am having a good week. The weather has helped immensely. Today is perfectly balmy, but the wind kicked up and it will be much colder come tomorrow night. I have had a nice mile long walk with the dog, done a 30 minute upper body strengthening video, and my arms were shaking. I plan to get in a 30 minute cardio session on the elliptical as well. I need to shower, still, and plan to get out for another walk, simply because I know the fresh air is good for me and the dog. But, then, I have the usual laundry that never ends, and house stuff. Dog hair. Ugh. I could vacuum everyday. What was I thinking???

Need to make a cake tonight for hubby's bday tomorrow.

And now I can also say, good afternoon, lol. And, I guess good morning, for the Dee and V, who are likely sleeping now.