Old 02-24-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Paix Amour

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Old fart? Really?
Hi JL

Youre doing the right thing by staying home, you must look after yourself, its most important.

Oh yeah the "old fart" comment. Im am about your age and I don't really consider myself an old fart. I just said that. To a 20 year old Im probably an old fart though lol. I was just trying to put it in perspective. When I think about the 25 year difference between 20 and 45........its a loonnngggg time.

I sort of feel Ive wasted the past 8 years of my precious life drinking, and probably shortened my life by drinking (increased risk of cancer, diabetes, heart problems, scared liver etc). Im not being all negative and depressing. For me its most important to face reality.

I did that when I gave up smoking too. Everybody said "OMG WHY are you doing THAT, that's so gruesome and depressing". I used to watch youtube clips for hours (sometimes) each day of people dying of lung cancer from smoking to STOP my cravings. I watched and listened to their stories, and the stories of their family. Some left behind little children who will never remember them because they were too young. I also watched medical and surgical youtube clips where it showed you a lung being pulled out riddled with tumors. I did whatever I had to do to stop myself from buying cigarettes.

I watched them over and over again. Yep I did. And it did the trick. It killed any cigarette cravings I had. I didn't find it depressing at all. It was the cold face of reality. I gave up cigarettes cold turkey slightly over 2 years ago and Ive never had a puff since. And I don't think about them.

I plan on doing a similar thing about drinking. Reading the horror stories on here, watched a few sad youtube clips etc. I NEED to hear the bad stuff, it helps me immensely.