Old 02-24-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
360startstoday

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
Rrrrrgggh. I am ashamed to say I drank last night. I had a month of sobriety It was a combination of stress about my husband, feeling overwhelmed by the new program I'm in, anger and self-pity.

But really there was no reason for it at all. Except alcoholism. I didn't think of a single one of the strategies for dealing with triggers that I wrote pages on in my journal!! I just saw a beer, grabbed it, and opened it. All in a split second.

I didn't black out, thank God. But I didn't even enjoy it. I didn't feel relief or happiness, just more depression.

It's weird because at a meeting yesterday, I heard that you can't let your sobriety depend on the ups and downs of life. Then I did exactly that.

I've been writing about it and reading recovery stuff all day so far. I will not drink today. Who knows what will happen? What could I lose next time? I lucked out but am very aware that I risked everything. And I don't want to live that life anymore.

Congrats to knb. And thank you so much for your hard work, Coco, and for posting lots.
At least your back and posting and not drinking today. You're not giving up although you had a slip up. Pick yourself up, dust off and off we go again, right?