View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hi everyone - a rainy and dreary Wednesday here. Yikes. Cold, gray, rain = depressing! Reflecting the mood of the family, I guess.

Last night was better in that: my son was a lot better, back to his normal happy self. I was a lot better and more optimistic. I got to my SMART meeting for the first time in weeks - I'm forming good bonds there and I get a lot out of the meetings including laughs. And support, of course. If I can get to a meeting every week it will help me enormously, I think.

However, when I got back from my meeting my daughter was in crisis after having a pretty good day for herself. I think everything including the breakup was hitting her all at once and she was losing it. She was crying and yelling about how horrible her life is, etc. and I felt for her and tried to console her but talk to her about options and it was getting really heated and my son started getting agitated with all the emotion so I had to try to calm everything down so he wouldn't go into a tailspan again. I managed to calm everyone down and let my ex know what was going on. In the end, he came over and spent a lot of time talking to her which is the help I needed and I worked on homework with my son (thank goodness younger son was at Dad's house). I don't know what's going to happen but I predict she might end up at a therapeutic boarding school for a little while. They are expensive and I didn't want to suggest that because I can't afford it, so I waited until her Dad suggested it because he's the one with the money. He said he was going to call a few today - I hope that will give her some hope. In the meantime we have to get her better from the physical stuff and I have this trip to Orlando planned for 8 days from now. She wants to go, and she needs it, but she's got to get better. I keep thinking I need to cancel everyday for different reasons - I'll keep you posted. Life is too crazy right now.

Grizzly, so sorry about the house. You have to follow your heart on this one and it sounds like you did. There will always be other houses to buy and I'm sure it will work out for you!! Winslow, sorry about your cold. That really stinks. Get better soon....

Over and out - off to yoga this morning because I need it.