Old 02-24-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Day 50 over here. I am SO glad I survived the other day (thanks again Odelle and Rally). I am still amazed at how quickly my AV had me convinced that I could have a few drinks with lunch, like I deserved it or something. DH ended up having 2 beers but stopped after that. He has been doing great and I am so lucky to have him as my support. I was so worried when I started this journey that he would continue getting wasted on the weekends (the typical routine) and I would have to deal with the emotions that would evoke in me (disgust for him, resentment.). It makes me feel bad because I also realize what a bad influence I was on him. He tends to follow my lead on so many things and I wonder how much of his drinking was due to MY drinking. Oh well, what's done is done.

I've been quiet but here is what I've been up to lately- I have been getting up early to go to the gym before DH leaves for work- I am only averaging several days a week but I absolutely LOVE getting that me time early on and I notice it helps with my morning mood.

I got a bike and a bike seat for the baby- I haven't been on a bike in 25 years! I can't believe it. And when they say you never forget how to ride a bike, they are right although I am still a little clumsy when it comes to taking corners and turning around (don't worry, I'm not going to fall or anything, just takes me a while to make a 360 degree turn!!). I look like an old person or a 5 year old learning how to ride, can't tell which one.

My parents came to visit last weekend- it was so nice seeing them as it had been over 4 months. They will be staying in their condo in another part of the state and we are going to go down there for the weekend. In fact, I have so many things planned for the next month (my MIL is coming, Sister is coming and my friend with her mother). I love having things to look foward to, it really keeps me sane.

I still have things I want to add into my life like meditation and art- not sure why I'm not committing just yet but I know it will happen.

I am so grateful to be sober. I was telling DH yesterday that as great as I feel I still can't believe I am never going to have another drink again. It's quite the concept- something I try not to think about, really.

Ok, off to enjoy this cup of coffee before the chaos begins in the house! Hugs to all of you who slipped up- please stay with us and let us know how you are doing.

Quote of the day: