View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Glee, CONGRATS on two years clean and sober, my good friend and sober bestie! I cannot believe that a whole year has passed since we met in DC for a weekend of fun, food and AA. It seems like yesterday that you were sitting in that chair made for a Queen at that mtg in Georgetown, offering your story of experience, strength, and hope.

Kudos on accepting the 13-week chair for your home group. You have been and will continue to be an inspiration to me and many others on this amazing journey. Your growth on this sober journey has been a joy to witness!!

Soooo, it appears that charm #2 has passed a year without incident.

I am now living in Florida, having moved from PA, and a couple weeks ago I met a man who had just moved here from Long Island. We were paired by the starter at a golf course. Within 10 minutes we discovered that we were both recovering alkies. He, seven years, and I am rapidly approaching a milestone I have seen celebrated on SR...1000 days. Not yet, but I looked on Sunday, thinking it was close, and, it is. Anyway, that stranger on a golf course has become a good friend. Today we played 18 in some rather brutal sun...then, hit a 5:30 meeting.

Amp, I love this quote of yours, "Right now I'd say I'm probably happier than I've been any time in my life since I was a kid." I agree, finding and working hard at recovery has set me free from the bondage of drink and self.

I still hit bumps in the road, but, I have a tool box and filtering system that keeps my lows - and, oh yes, my highs - in check.

My best to all.

Carlos