Old 02-22-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
opalblue

Hello. Warning looong post!

Safeand sound-HEY! High five! We are twins.

Amazingjoy- Thanks for sharing. It shows you how powerful this addiction is. I have always worried about being too intoxicated if there was an emergency. I could never forgive myself if I was too drunk to be of any use..It makes me feel so ashamed of the times I did neglect my son. Heres to making a better life for us and our children

Cococo- I am in with a tally count.You gonna start a class tracker? Completely ignore women like them. They sound very small minded.
Great minds discuss ideas:average minds discuss events:small minds discuss people.
But I have to be honest and say that they would have def smelt AL on your breath. I work in retail and I can tell if someone has had a glass of wine during the day. It smells so strong! I dread to think what my customers thought of my breath. I use to stand a foot away from them. It made me so paranoid. By the way I love Oreo biscuits too and I also look up workouts on youtube. No point buying fitness dvds anymore as they are free on youtube. What you gonna do tomorrow? I think I will do a HIIT. When I joined SR , I went back to my old class of AUG 2014 ( I still post there) and Dee suggested to join feb class. I listen to Dee cause she is the boss. LOL

5upersonic- was thinking the same about empty bottles..havnt seen any in ages and my bins are full of soft stuff that doesn’t rattling when its emptied. As for my dishwasher, its full of coffee cups and not a wine glass in site. I like it!

Orozslan- Exercise helps. I bought myself a treadmill last week and ran for the first time in three months. It felt great!! Go for it! Today I ran 5km in 37mins. Will try to aim for under 30 minutes..eventually.

360startstoday- I have only had one drinking dream. It was a weird one..I was in a japanease restaurant and I drank someone’s sparkling wine by mistake. I remember tasting it my mouth. However, I didn’t drink the rest..Which is a good sign. I was hanging out with Simon Cowell..bizarre lol. Did you try out your treadmill today? Try the app sobertool. This counts days and money
Time2rise-Sounds really interesting..buddhism and meditation. Can you suggest any books that I can read on buddism? I was always intrigued by this way of thinking. What about meditation? Can you suggest anything on youtube?

Kittykat, Ladybug and Oldtomato- No one really knew how serious my drinking really was as I did my daily drinking at home and being a single mum gave me the freedom to drink without anyone telling me off. I did lots of things to hide my drinking from people..I would drink from a coffee cup in front of my son or have a secret bottle stashed in my bag if I was staying over where the AL is limited.Or tell people that I only drink at weekends. Close family would tell me that I drink too much. But they never use that word “alcoholic” because they thought I only needed to moderate. But I know I am an alcoholic. Its a relief to accept this as I can do something about it. I.E Not pick up that first drink whatever the cost.

Applekat- Are you also attending AA meetings? I don’t have a sponsor as yet. I havnt found anyone I really like to be honest. I am also really tired around 4pm. It could be the sugar intake I have had in the past four weeks. I am going to eat less sugar and see what happens

Cutengay_ Were we in the same class once? I recognise your name..

sansaS- You are doing really well too. What plans do you have this time?

JL2014 and everyone else struggling- Just don’t give up. Keep trying. You are only a failure when you stop trying.

Hello to feb class... Optimist, tiredofme, maximus, mns1, Karen,outonthetiles,facingfuture, hawkeye, forabetterlife,freedom,83mama,amazingjoy, safeandsound, soberjim, mel12, Sadie, badger, supersonic,sleepydots, hawkeye, njdellis,time2rise, bluedog

Sorry if I have missed out your name

Had a great run..ate a healthy meal of salmon and rice. Its been a good day