View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Hi all. Thank you for u so much for your support today. Looking back I think my trigger this time was spending the afternoon with my BF. I haven't seen her since I stopped drinking so I think that may have been bothering me. I tend to struggle the first time I get together with one of my past drinking buddies. (although our relationship has been life long and much deeper)
I hadn't planned on drinking today, my plan was for down the road when I felt like it, but I was bugging so bad that before I picked her up I decided I was going to drink some wine with her. Then I thought it out a bit and got on SR and read all of your posts. I then said a quick prayer and decided that I wasn't drinking today, and I didn't. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Glee-yes, I think I am still struggling with never. My AV is saying " you've never really relapsed after quitting for this long so how do you know you can't occasionally get drunk and then not drink again for a few months?" Dangerous thinking, but to be honest thats where I am. Did any of you ever feel that way? If so, how did you power through it?