Old 02-20-2016, 10:46 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
amazingjoy

Well, I am back at home and it's just after 12:30am my time. The bands were pretty good too. It was nice to enjoy listening to the live music and people watching was interesting too of course.

The last time, when I slipped after a nice long run of sober time, I made the commitment internally, only in my own head. I didn't tell anyone else. The adjustments to my plan that I made really helped me tonight and I think are now part of my plan's foundation for night's out like this (which are not extremely common).

After I made the plan and committed to it, the hardest part of the day today was making it through the first habit of knowing it's Saturday and wanting to drink just because it's Saturday. The second hard part was not pre-drinking before going somewhere while getting ready as this is also a habit and I was all alone.

Once I made it past that part of the night, I didn't get bugged by my AV at all the rest of the night.

My daughter and husband are already asleep but I'll be happy to see them when they wake up and although I might be tired from being out late, I won't be hung over and full of shame.

It really helped to add a few pieces to my plan in telling my husband, a friend and everyone in our class here on SR. At one point, my friend did ask if I would just drink one tonight (because she felt guilty about me not having any) and I quickly said no thanks...no hesitation. She then told me she was proud of me and we did a high five.

I've made it to Sunday (technically since it's after midnight here) and through a situation which slipped me up before!

Thanks for all of your support SR team!