Old 02-20-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
shorttom88

Thank you again for your responses and input.
I will have no problem not drinking, that trip literally was my last hoorah- and of course this happened. I was supposed to go back to school ( now this happened- so if I can't think, who knows what I'll have to do now), I saved a bunch of money up- was going to buy a place, I'd been getting a couple tattoos removed that I didn't want, i just got a bunch of spots removed on my body that I had thought may have been cancerous ( turns out that were just disgusting sunspots), I got a surgery I was holding off on for awhile, I just got done with a bunch of legal issues I was dealing with the last year, etc etc...
In so many words, literally that was suppose to be my last hoorah, the culmination of a bunch of BS going on in my life, and the start of a new chapter in my life- and of course this happens. I certainly do appreciate the insight from everyone! But also, to think I may be now dealing with this for a couple years? Is very disheartening. Think I'm getting all the pieces put together- and I did, and now this. It's like, I can't get off the ground.
Like I was saying, I'm trying to do everything I can to expedite the process as far as being healthy and what not, and certainly not drinking- as was my plan before January 26th to begin with, but who knows if any of the extra effort will help or not.

For those of you who have dealt with this, were you drinking during the recovery time from when you first noticed the symptoms?
As in, for 2 years of recovery- were you still drinking a bit during those 2 years or complete sobriety? 6 months of recovery- were you drinking during those 6 months or complete sobriety?

I will be completely sober- I hope this helps my situation.
Typically when do you start to notice some gains and strides in functionality, 2-3 months? 6 months?

Do you wake up one day and just noticeably feel better? Or is it more of a gradually each day maybe feel a little better? Do you feel great and almost normal more and more often- but still have setbacks out of the nowhere ( setbacks that slowly get less and less frequent)?

Hate to pester or be an annoyance, just trying gauge as best I can what I'll be dealing with- as you can imagine. I hope with complete sobriety I will see signs of improvement within 6 months.

Sucks, this binge drinking weekends and trips have gone on through the years, and no joke Ida sworn the hangovers were getting easier, quicker, more tolerable from being use to a long weekend here or there throughout the year. And before I know it- my last one was the one that got me and screwed me. Only my luck.