View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Croissant

Aww Venus. Thanks for trying....boy, I understand. Sometimes my posts get too emotional and I give up! I appreciate you tried, I really do!xx

I think you are right about the confrontational aspect. None of us want to hear. So I'm reading here and thinking through my approach. This has come up before with him - a few times. He knows I've been concerned and there have been periods where he's come to me and said how glad he is he stopped. But it's crept back in.

We've had open discussions, (confrontations to stop) both ways on each other's addictions a few years back. He's pleaded with me to stop drinking once before, maybe 7 years ago. We are almost carbon copies. Addiction tricked us to become the very thing we hated in our own addict/alcoholic same-sex parent.

I think pot is insidious in some ways as its seen as "just a relaxant"....it's funny, I'd noticed he'd isolated a bit, and wondered. It seems my suspicions were correct.

I actually was thinking of writing it to him in a letter, so it's not as painful face to face for him. He will know deep down he wants to stop and we've talked about this before. It's going to be hard, but it has to be done.