Thread: 5 years
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Liveitwell

As people here (and my therapist and friends, etc) told me over and over : you got out. You are redirecting your children's lives...THAT is huge. Because of YOU. Rock on, sister.

Side note-when I was reading my journal I stumbled upon an entry that I had put away in my head-it was so horrific I cringed. My youngest was only 4-6 months old and my then husband was drunk as a skunk one night at home-naturally-and baby girls was screaming bc she had such a bad diaper rash her little parts were bleeding. I put creams, etc on it but it just didn't help. So lovely drunk husband (while I walked away for a second) thought it would be a brilliant idea to put vinegar on her little baby parts-that were open wounds. I've never in my life heard a baby scream so badly-she was almost convulsing she was in so much pain. All he did was say, "I'm so sorry" and walk outside and continue drinking. I read this-and had so much shame-at myself. This was after he had almost dropped her on her head a couple months prior. I stayed another year plus after that night-and endured countless other incidents, and my children did too. So much shame. But I have to let that go and realize I was sick too to stay in that-and I'm not anymore. At least I got out-some never do.

You got out!!!