Old 02-19-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
shorttom88

Yes, it's just odd. I've read a lot of people's experiences, anywhere from 45 days to 6 months to (one person) even said a couple years to feel normal again- I guess my point about it being odd is I was never a daily drinker, so I didn't necessarily take away my daily fix per se, of alcohol and then start withdrawing.
But after that long weekend of drinking last month I just noticed something was different/off. Hangovers I'm famaliar with, but within a day or 2 of these symptoms I knew it was different. And with the bloodwork, and all the heart tests I've had done over the last few weeks, and the fact that I'm pretty young and rather healthy says to me: if the neurologists doesn't find something wrong with me I may just take it as Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. From all the people that say they've had it- I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms. And although binge drinking may not be as common for it ( or maybe it is), I believe that - that one weekend last month set something off in my brain or initiated something so wrong that I'm now dealing with PAWS.
Like I said earlier, I've made myself go to the gym a bit this week and get active again, I'm taking some B-vitamins and D3 and fish oil etc to try and do my brain some good. Also trying to eat healthy, (although another symptom- my cravings for junk food have been so strong the last few weeks).
I have glimpses here and there where I almost feel normal, or 60/70% better, but then just go right back to feeling terrible, For the majority of the day.
All in all I'm trying to get myself right, I hope this doesn't take years to get better and regular again.
I appreciate everyone's help and responses.