Old 02-19-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Paix Amour

OldTomato - The government brought in a law years and years ago where all supermarkets, corner stores and diaries (milk bars) can sell wine and beer (not spirits though), and so naturally the money hungry supermarket chains all stock wine and beer. Unfortunately all supermarkets stock it. And there are supermarkets EVERYWHERE. Within a 15 minute from my house there would be like 10 supermarkets, its madness.

The only thing I can think of is......take my 8 year old son supermarket shopping with me, because I wont buy any alcohol with him around. Oh and not because Im such a great mother! Because he says to me "Mum you drink too much wine".........even he knows! Sad actually! In saying that he is almost 9 years old and he is highly gifted so he is more like a 12 year old (his observations/thinking etc). I am a good mother, just not a great mother (in my opinion). Im not at my full potential as a mother when Im drinking, how can I be whilst half drunk! In saying that I usually drink when he's in bed asleep or at his fathers house, so he doesn't see me "drunk", but sometimes I drink wine out of a coffee mug whilst he's around whilst Im cooking dinner. Fancy hiding my alcoholism in a coffee mug from my 8 year old son!!! This thing really knows how to make you feel like crap about yourself!