Old 02-19-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Paix Amour

Freedom1982 – good on you for getting to day 5. You’ve got all that poisonous alcohol completely out of your system now. Your system is free and clean. Now you can start repair.

Badger07 – you’re over the 2 week mark! I really admire you. Working on the car sounds like a great plan to keep you distracted from thinking about drinking. Do whatever you need to do Badjer07.

Outonthetiles – I know how you feel re: insomnia. It will get better. Can you get a cat nap for an hour or 2 today?

Bluedog97 – Wow, stay sober today and you’ve made it to 1 week!!! I know exactly how you feel. I have days when I feel everyone is out to annoy me or be nasty to me. You are 100% correct - drinking will NOT (and has never) make anybody feel better, including the people around us.

Njdellis – you too are over the 2 week mark like Badger07! What an inspiration you are. I hope I can get that far. Thanks for sharing your poem. Its so true and correct.

Kittycat3 – well done on reaching day 9. Don’t dwell on your past mistakes, that was the old you. Concentrate on continuing being the new you. Good idea about flagging the dinner outing. It doesn’t sound like something important anyway. You will save yourself some money by not going.

I just wanted to give a mention to everybody on this page. Im a newcomer here, and you are all my inspiration. I admire each and every one of you. Please keep up the great work.