View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
BlueFairy

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post
I take tiny steps every day towards the right direction.
We learn to deal! It's good!

Originally Posted by waywardson8260 View Post
I have been reluctant to try AA I guess mainly because of a busy schedule and even a fear of running into someone I know at work seeing be and being outed as an alkie. Also I'm not sure how I would fit in. I know it is kind of silly.

I know this organization has helped a lot of people and I applaud everyone with the dedication to go to the meetings and going through the steps. I really do need to look into this. Sometime.

Thanks Glee and Bluefairy for posting about your experiences there!
I didn't attend a meeting until I was 6 months sober. What I wanted at that point is to get on with non addicted life. Life is completely different when not revolving around an addiction and I want to do it right this time. I was a meth addict when I was young then quit when I got pregnant and had no addictions throughout my kids childhood. I never learned anything from just quitting cold turkey though and when they weren't the center of my life anymore--of course I fell back into an addiction even if it was a different one--alcohol.

Another crappy weather day here but y'know--I'm ok with it right now because it gives me time to work the steps properly. You have to get your head right to be healthy as well right? VS body y'know--I'm not riding my bike to work or hiking right now or even getting to the gym as much so I'm taking advantage of these rare blocks of time and doing step 4.

Was reading a bit about addiction online, there's some interesting articles online about how we evolved with it. Something I thought was kind of funny and makes sense to me--someone commented on an article and said something like well our number one instinct is to procreate and how alcohol has made that pretty easy for people lol. Well, here's the article--the comments are at the bottom.
Researchers stumped by drug addiction paradox