Old 02-18-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Mia83

Hi guys- I'm day 20! Feeling such a range of emotions over these past 20 days it's confusing. I know I have no real inclination to drink so far, and haven't found it too difficult but still have that feeling like I'm hiding from life a little.
I feel really content at times and have a real inner happiness and kind of 'buzz' that I'm not drinking and other times I just feel this irrational anger and irritation with everyone and everything- wondering why I can't just be 'normal' and not have to have this thing governing my thoughts so much.
I do think giving up an addiction and being successful has a lot to do with how you enter in to it. I really have taken the approach of 'yay, bring it on I'm so happy to be sober!!!' Rather than seeing it as a punishment I have to somehow endure and it definitely helps. Sometimes there's no escaping the anger and low moods this addiction causes and I just try to do something to take my mind off it and it usually passes.
It's my birthday on Sunday and was going to lie low and stay home but am going to my my mums for lunch instead. I've requested that she doesn't have any wine there as I think I could easily talk myself into 'one glass, it is my birthday after all' kind of brainwashing!

Anyway well done and keep strong to the old and new class mates