Old 02-18-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Chinaski

Starting day 4, my last of four days in a row off work. This little mini-vacation has been nice, especially after last weekend's awfulness at work.

No real plans for today. I might go browse some antique and junk stores. Haven't done that in a while.

Woke up feeling kinda hungover this morning. Very dry mouth. I had too much salt in my diet yesterday. I tried pan searing some tuna last night and didn't get the spice mixture right. It was still edible but a little disappointing. The salad I made with it was great though.

KarenOskie -- Thanks for your honest post. Alcohol ceased being a reward for me a long time ago. It was just a burden, one of those things I had to do whether I really wanted to or not. Sorry you're down right now, maybe you could start a new hobby or something, find a new reward to take booze's place?

mns1 -- Hope school is still going well for you. Great job going to school while dealing with the stresses of early sobriety.

FacingFuture -- Thanks for the kind words.

Carlygirl -- Great job immediately recognizing an uncomfortable situation and leaving it! There are plenty of restaurants to eat at that don't have those old drinking associations for us.

JamesSquire -- Glad you were able to check in finally and that you made it through this past rough weekend with your sobriety intact. Wish I could say the same about myself.

tiredofme -- It is wonderful to have this support system available 24/7, isn't it?

Oroszlan -- Congrats to my fellow day 4'er!

HighDraw18 -- I always enjoy your positivity. Hope all is well with you!

knb02 -- That point of "not drinking seeming normal" sounds wonderful to me. I have felt it in the past, hope I get there again soon. I know the only way I am going to get there is if i don't drink today.

JL2014 -- Maybe this is just me, but I'm trying not to think of my recovery as a fight this time. Fights only happen when both sides choose to engage. I no longer want to engage with my addiction. I'm done listening to it. It's not worth my time.

soberjim -- Congrats on 19 days!

njdellis -- Two weeks today! That's huge. Great job.

360startstoday -- Cool story about your realization at the store. Thanks for sharing!

OldSkoolFool -- Thanks for checking in. 13 days is amazing!

amazingjoy -- Clear-headed mornings is probably the best reward I receive in early sobriety. Hope all is OK with you.

bluedog97 -- Six days is awesome. You've got this!

Camryn474 -- One week! Congratulations! I bet if you really think about it, you'll find that you also have only had fleeting moments of contentment while drinking. You wouldn't have searched out a sobriety message board if your drinking was all hunky dory. Recovery is a process, it's going to take time for my ways of thinking to change. I've been addicted to a depressant in alcohol for a long time. I trust in Dee and others with some long term sobriety that it does get better if we give it time and put some work into our recovery. Wishing you the best today.

Hope everyone has a happy and sober Thursday!