View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
BlueFairy

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Hi undies.
Finally got all caught up on posts. I really need to make a better effort of getting on here every day, I've been slacking for weeks.
My mom moved back in and it's been absolute hell. I'm actually looking to move out for my own sanity, just going to take some time to figure out how to get money together for rent somewhere when my mom still needs me to pay part of the mortgage on a house I will no longer be living in. Being around her makes me want to drink really bad but I've been staying busy for the most part hanging out with a friend and working 6 days this week so getting some good overtime hours!
Hang in there!

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
I had the same issue using a food tracking app. When I was hugely under calories each day, my weight loss stopped. I think the body goes into starvation mode and conserves every ounce of body fat it can. It's a paradox, but eating more helped me lose weight. I read that one needs to cut 3500 calories a week to burn a pound of body fat. So your goal is really to end each day 500 calories under your daily limit. That's a lot more food than you realize. Alcohol really ate up a lot of my daily calories, as I ended up drinking meals many days.
Total agreement.

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Yes, Babs - now that I've been sober awhile, I realize how much and fairly easily I can change my mood from blech or blah to happy!
This was sort of the topic at my last meeting. Crap happens--it's life--it's knowing how to handle it...