View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HighDraw18

I'm Just Living Life...

Hi All,

I wanted to start a thread that I could use as sort of a running journal for my thoughts. I don't mind if no one reads - this is more for me as a place to put my thoughts on paper.

Mentioned in my other thread but quick overview is that I drank alcohol on a daily basis 5 years ago and cut way back, including many extended stretches of abstinence. I've made a lot of positive changes in my life since, but I still struggle with binge drinking when I do decide to drink so I am looking to cut out alcohol (tobacco and drugs as well) completely and live a more positive life.

I have the day off from work for Presidents Day, but it is freezing outside and going to snow later, sigh, I hate winter. I think I have always suffered from some slight seasonal depression.

I was reading a bunch of stuff posted here by a user that seemed to be active from 2008-2012 and for whatever reason was completely moved by her story. I have nothing in common with the individual: she was a mid-30s single mom of 3 from the UK and I'm a 26 year old single guy from the US, but I felt her pain and honestly, I find myself hoping that she made it. I couldn't find any update on SR and she was last active in 2015...but I hope she's okay.

Strange thoughts on a grey, February morning but feel solid in sobriety.