Old 02-13-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
SandyO

Glad you are right back in here, July. Being home alone is a real trigger for me. Just add it to your plan for your next 40 days.
Good luck today Nic. We've got your back. Post whenever you need. Even just to rant about the crazy drunk uncle. Seems to be one in every family!
So nice to hear we are all going strong. I had the house to myself last night and followed some advice from here. I gave myself a pedicure and watched "back to the future 3". Very low-key but pleasant evening.
We have a "heatwave" here today. 3 degrees C and rain!! Quite unusual for this time of year. We often have snow in May. I'm off to the gym then have an event this evening. It's my first time to be out with everyone in the past 3 weeks. It's a bowling event but is always quite a drunk fest. A shot of tequila for a strike (or in my case a spare!). None for me tonight. I might actually get a strike!
I am REALLY focusing on the thought process of taking alcohol out as an option. This is the only way we can make it long term. I'm getting there day by day. The pink cloud is turning grey with the emotions building up and little spurts of tears. However, I'm well aware that this is healing and I let myself feel it for a while then go and do something. I need to make an effort every moment. Last night proved that I can just still and chill without the aid of alcohol.
Keep strong everyone. We are giving ourselves the most amazing gift.
Take care.