Old 02-12-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Mia83

evening all, just checking in. Hope everyone is staying strong whatever stage you're at. Found this afternoon leaving work for a weeks holiday really hard. really wanted to buy wine but bought chocolate and then spent a little while feeling angry. Decided to keep really busy and did loads of washing and yet more tidying and by the time I sat down with my kids and watched a film I felt really pleased with myself and have had a really nice sober time with my family instead.
The few moments of anger and cravings weren't nice but it didn't kill me and I feel so much better for having the strength to choose not to drink. I'm looking forward to marking 2 weeks sober tomorrow and this past week, although has been quite emotional has also been amazing. I feel so much better mentally without the horrible dark thoughts and anxiety alcohol causes me. Anyway have a great weekend, and hope we can all be lucky enough to wake up excited to start the day rather than just trying to get through it with a hangover. Stay strong