View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I was never much of a late sleeper, but I seem to be able to sleep in a bit nowadays, if I have the time. Once the kids get older, and if they don't need to be anywhere, they can fix themselves a bowl of cereal and read or watch a bit of TV.

However, when my kids were babies, I would actually get up before them, as early as 5:30 or 6am, just to have a cup of coffee alone. I need time to be alone and quiet, but awake. I love a quiet house! I stayed up late for the same reason, so that is why I am big on napping, if I get the chance.

Next year, for the first time since having children, they will both be on the same schedule!! Oops, I lied. They did go to the same elementary school for 3 years. Anyway, it will be really nice to have a consistent routine. This year, daughter goes at 6:40ish, and son at almost 9am. He doesn't get home until 4. She gets home at 2:40.

The kids have next week off school. Not sure what we will do. We still have not lined up a dog sitter, so our outings are constrained by his needs. I do think I could have the boy across the street walk him. They have a golden retriever and he is a seasoned dog owner. Huxley adores him. I think he pulls too hard after a couple of other dogs in the 'hood for the inexperienced kids to walk him. He is strong now!! I need to do more training. He lunges and growls horribly after two specific dogs, if we see them. It is horribly embarrassing, and if I were on the other end of it, I would be frightened. One is a very confident husky, the other a chihuahua. His tail wags when he does it, thankfully.

Are many of you getting this cold snap? Freezing here. Too cold to walk the dog. He was lifting his feet on the driveway just in the 5 minutes we were out waiting with son for the bus. I must say, having a dog is good for my SAD issues. It forces me out much more than I would otherwise choose to be. And it also keeps me from being as lazy and depressed as I might otherwise be. So, that is a good thing for my health. He also brings all of us some joy. I need more joy.

I have been unplugging and trying to do more hobbies and digging into some cleaning and purging. Maybe I can get the kids on board to help me do that next week!
It is bitter cold here, too, phoebe, and getting colder. Brrrrr.