Old 02-12-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Happy Birthday Lulu! Hope you have a lovely sober today... i get how your mind is working focussing on the less positive angle of all the stuff you've achieved. Don't know what the answer is, but you definitely need to give yourself some sort celebratory birthday meal/cake/treat/herbal tea to congratulate yourself on starting to turn things around. Things have a funny habit of working out (when you least expect them... like the karma call from earlier in the thread!)

Good luck tomorrow Nic - you can do this and of course everyone's here to help you through it.

I'm starting to lose count a bit of my days... I guess it's 43 now which is pretty cool. Looking forward to 50. I navigated my boozy shindig last evening just fine. Quite interesting really as a lot of my colleagues were drinking... some got quite drunk and now realise what it's like to talk to a drunk person when you're sober and the amount of cr4p that comes out of their mouths. (So exactly like I was when I was drinking.) I also randomly bumped in to the guy i mentioned earlier (the chap from the documentary) so had a chat with him. That was really nice... a bit of smalltalk, avoiding the subject, then he eventually said "So what it's like doing an event like this sober...!?" - at which point we just started talking properly. Was very helpful.

I had my follow-up appointment with the nurse for blood tests this morning. Should get the results mid next-week.

Have a great weekend all - i've got some guests staying which could be interesting (they'll want a drink) but should be fine... although looks like my 2 year old has got chicken pox so that's not going to be fun.