View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Hi guys,
Just checking in. I was watching a documentary online just now entitled Wasted. I was going to share the link but it says it's only available for viewing within Canada. It aired on CBC's The Nature of Things on January 21, 2016. It was very interesting. It was about the science of evidence based treatments, and how alcoholics brains are different, and the alternatives to shame based treatments like AA or other treatment centers. It was very interesting, and I think the medical professionals are finally getting IT.

I am doing well, by the way. I actually had another drinking dream recently, but in this dream I didn't drink, instead I gladly walked away from a group of family and friends who where getting drunk while we were out camping. I recall feeling empowered in my dream, and I woke up feeling completely relieved. I look at this as further proof that not drinking is ingrained into my psyche as a new way of life. With that being said, I am still consciously aware of my addictive characteristics, and will continue to build up my armor against a relapse!

Life has a weird way of working itself out. I truly believe in the saying, when one door closes, another door opens. Or, another way of putting it, everything happens for a reason, and one must find the positive, and go with it. Well, this couldn't be more true then what has been happening this month! I told you I was having a hard time recently, but everything has changed for the better! It's amazing actually, but this is how life does work, though being lost in an alcoholic fog, we don't see it this way. For this, I am eternally grateful!

Alright, back to work I go~

Have a wonderful rest of the week and I will check in again soon!