View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by OMD View Post
Nice one guys! Inc - just wait till you start getting going with the exercise. You will feel even more awesome!

Anyway, it's just a quick hello from me. All good this end. I realised earlier today that yesterday I hit 10 months, so double figures

Keep on trucking

OMD
Congrats OMD on hitting ten months! I just checked my phone today and saw that I am also at 300 days and ten months! It's funny how the whole keeping track of time has slipped into minor irrelevance as we have moved into stages of our lives that are not dominated by alcoholic thinking.

I was talking a little with my wife about how I feel a little stalled in my personal development right now and feel a little low energy overall. I still have not been able to harness the inner energy that I know is lying within me to be able to burst forward and get things moving forward in many aspects of my life. I am slowly trying to move upward in my Maslow's pyramids of needs. Such first world problems!!

This time last year, I had totally waved the white flag as I was swirling around the drain. I was losing everything of value in life but my job, and was trying hard to screw that up too. I lived to drink, and drank to live. I had finally admitted to myself that I had totally lost control of my life. I was a physical, mental and emotional wreck. I had given up on ever having a life that had any meaning besides gritting my teeth and trying to survive the next 24 hours with a drink in my hand.

The benefits of monthly milestones for me is that I get a chance to reflect back on the past, and actually see how much incredible progress I have truly made over the past 300 days. After all, I was a drunk for decades, and only sober for a handful of months. I may not be where I ultimately want to be in my life, but I have taken a whole bunch of steps in the right direction with the wind at my back!